Responsible for document preparation and other ad hoc projects as needed.
A Records Management Specialist classifies, stores, retrieves, and updates generated information by performing the
• Responsible for removing documents from filing cabinets and place them in containers, updating logs and label
containers as required and preparing them for transport.
• Read simple incoming material, verify accuracy, and sort and code according to the file system.
• Prepare documents for scanning including fastener removal and repair of minor damages.
• Each worker will be trained on the individual job functions as follows dependent on areas of strength, and initial
placement will be in their areas of strength: Document Preparation for Scanning, High-Volume Scanning, Document
Indexing and Verification, Document Re-scanning, Data Entry, Photo ID Scanning.
• Ability to read and follow both verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines, and diligence to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to use computers (knowledge of Word, Outlook).
• Sit for 8 hours at a time (with breaks).
• Lift up to 20 pounds.
• Type a minimum of 35 words per minute with little to no errors.
• Maintain flexibility with scheduling.
• Due to contract requirements, a background check is required.
If you or someone you know are interested in scheduling an interview and typing test, please contact:
Abbe J. Morello
VP, Workforce Development
68-70 Tuers Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07306
201-434-3303 ext 228