Read source documents and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
The following functions of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
• Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
• Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
• Store completed documents in appropriate locations.
• Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
• Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
• Select materials needed to complete work assignments.
• Minimum typing speed of approximately 44 words per minute.
• Experience in a data entry field is preferred.
• Due to contract requirements, a background check is required.
If you or someone you know are interested in scheduling an interview and typing test, please contact:
Abbe J. Morello
VP, Workforce Development
68-70 Tuers Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07306
201-434-3303 ext 228